The internet revolution has transformed freelance work into a thriving industry. There are hundreds of opportunities for freelancers to explore, and “free writing” is the most promising. The following case studies highlight the success stories of freelance writers:
dr. Alice Jane Lippner, CEO of Info Briefings LLC (Information Marketing and Seminar Company), is a professional physician and attorney. But she never got the greatest satisfaction from her job, as her creativity was always hampered by intensive work and personal schedules, unless she started working as a freelance writer for a pharmaceutical company in 1989. With ultimate freedom of work, she successfully expanded her business into a lucrative information empire. She believes free writing is the basic principle behind her success, saying:
“My only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. Freelance writing is the perfect career to get rid of the ‘rat race’. I like it. I can’t believe how I survived before I found a solution to balancing (sensible)?
But the question is how can we build a successful freelance writing career? In this chapter, we will discuss some techniques and understand how to build a lucrative business empire developed by Dr. Alice Jane.
Freelance writing is a profitable business opportunity these days. As online media has become the main source of information exchange, more and more companies are starting to go online. This ultimately increases the demand for content authors because every website developed for any purpose must contain some content. In order to cut costs and focus on their core business, many people outsource content writing, opening up opportunities for freelance writers.
Different forms of free writing include creative writing, e-book writing, sales and marketing writing, newsletters and editorials, magazine writing, search engine optimization writing, web blog writing, etc. We will discuss them in later chapters.
How do you build a successful freelance writing career?
While there are many opportunities for writers to enter the free market, success requires skills and correct strategies. Let’s find some smarter ways to succeed at different stages of your freelance career.
1. Startup phase
* Evaluate your skills and interests: You should evaluate yourself before providing services to the market. Freelancing is flexible and you can choose a job that suits your interests, education, skills and background.
* Preliminary Search: Actively search online for available freelance jobs and register on several excellent freelance writing websites on the web.
* Introduce your services to potential clients: A well-designed “resume” is the best resource for potential clients. It is similar to a resume, which briefly describes your education, skills, experience and interests.
2. Growth phase
* Beware of the single client pitfall: Since freelance work is work based, usually without signing a contract, it is vital to work for multiple clients rather than sticking to one client, but must ethically you avoid serving customers. each other’s closest competitors.
* Improve your writing skills: To keep your job, you need to constantly improve your writing skills. In the following chapters, we will discuss in detail how to improve writing skills and maintain perseverance.
* Actively accept criticism: Take customer criticism and comments as guidelines for future success and never be discouraged by rejection.
3. Adult stage
* Be consistent: Consistency is essential for longevity. It is generally accepted that freelancers are seen as a second source of income, people are very casual about them and will get bored quickly.
* Keep in touch with old clients: Building relationships is considered the key to success as the market is flooded with freelance writers from all over the world.
Free writing is an open platform that anyone can use anywhere in the world, but persistence is not a tea that anyone can drink. People should see this as a passion, which requires skills and hard work to succeed.
Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/5330484